Howest - DAE
DAE is a three-year full-time Bachelor degree programme designed by and developed for creative, ambitious, passionate and exceptional individuals, ready to push the limits of tomorrow's interactive or pre-rendered 3D. Our curriculum consists of 180 ECTS-points in a 3-year structure.
In our current curriculum, from 2020-21 onwards, there are 6 majors to choose from:
• 3D Animation
• Game Graphics Production
• Game Development
• Sound Design
• Independent Game Production
Game Development and Sound Design do not offer Houdini classes at this point. Your choice of major depends on the kind of job and industry you want to end up in. The 5th semester can be substituted by a study semester abroad at one of our partner institutions.
The classes that teach Houdini are:
• Applied Math and Physics Fundamentals - using Houdini as a tool to explain core math principles needed for developing games
• Procedural: Introduction - teaching the core principles of creating procedural assets using Houdini
• VFX Simulations 1 - teaching the creation of procedural assets and destruction
• VFX Simulations 2 - teaching the creating of fluid simulations and other particle effects using Houdini