selecting nodes

4488   5   0
50 posts
Hi

I have a Question about nodes.

I have changed some settings at houdini 10 and i don't know how to turn them back.
The thing ist, Every node that is have been a parent is selected at the same time I select a child. Exaple, when i take the forearm in the viewport it's autommatically selects the whole hand to. just cuase the hand it parent to the forearm.

I just really annoying when i work. have to search up the node in the network all the time.

summary of the issue: The parents is steering al the childrens. but it's just in the viewport.
50 posts
Sorry i wrote wrong. in steed of nodes i mean nulls
スタッフ
3455 posts
on the left side of the viewport you will see the icons for selection modes -> Points, Primitives etc
right click on one and you will see some options - among them is the option to select Parents and to select children - hotkeys are 9 and 0
you must have turned one of these on…

HTH
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
50 posts
That help alot thanks!

I have one more problem but it's much worse. I have happend 2 times now when i work.
The problem is that the whole program turn everything to a Time line. like Im frozen in to it, I don't know how i get in there and i can't get out of there either. I can't even click on File/Edit/Redner/windows in the left corner.
every move i do it's in side the time line. it's not like i can't right click or anyhing in the time line but i can't do anything out side of it. If i click some where in the viewport the time line changes frame( It's like the whole program turns into a time line)

so my question is what can do when i get in that state and how i get out of it?

Kind of annoying if i haven't saved i 20 min and i get frezen into the time line and can't get out.

Kind regards Robin!
スタッフ
3455 posts
hmmm no idea…

one thing you might try is, depending on your operating system, rename your houdini11 folder to houdini11BAK and then restart Houdini - this will cause Houdini to rebuild this folder and all the preferences inside

on windows this is in My Documents, on OSX or linux in will be in your $HOME directory…

HTH
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
50 posts
Okey i will try that. but thx for all help, I'm very greatfull

Best regards Robin!
  • Quick Links