Houdini File-Loading error

5179   2   0
29 posts
Hi Guys,
I am getting a loading error every time when i attempt to open a particular houdini file. That file is my project file and all my work is there within the file. Is it possible in any way to recover this file from this error. I am attaching the image of the error message which i am getting when i am attempting to open the file. Looking forward for your help which will help me a lot in completeing my project without reworking again.

regards,
nittin

Attachments:
1.jpg (1.4 MB)

330 posts
hi ,

i dont know what to say if the file is a *.geo file .

but if the file is a *.hip / *.hipnc AND you had the ‘ auto-backup ’ option checked : your project's progress should be in a folder called “backup” in the same path where your hip was saved by you . check if that folder exists ..

also if your hip file was damaged because of a crash , there should be an automatically named file in your ‘temp dir’ . you may hunt for it by reading the time / date it was created .

hope this helps somehow .

.cheers
except the things that cannot be seen , nothing is like it seems .
7768 posts
If you can figure out which node is causing the errors, I would try to recreate it (ie. delete and then make it again). Make sure you have backups of your scene files!
  • Quick Links