lattice issue

3706   2   0
4 posts
Hi,

i'm a maya user with problems setting up a lattice deformer. I just want to deform a sphere. I created a box and connected it and the sphere with a matchsize to get the right size for the deformer. Then i divided the output with a divide node, plugged one in the rest geometry of the lattice rest geometry input. For the other output of the divide i created a edit node an put that into the deformed geometry input. In the geometry to deform i finally plugged the sphere that i want to deform. And it doesn't work. Houdini is saying that the rest geometry and the deformed geometrys divisions doesn't match. I don't know where the problem is. I attached my scene if anybody want to take a look at it.
By the way the whole workflow for that is not very intuitive. Is there maybee an equivilant to that method?
And is there a way to do it on object level to keep existing hierarchies?

Edit:
OK with the shelf button and no deforming geometry it works the way i want.

thanks
Nico

Attachments:
lattice_attempt_1.hipnc (54.4 KB)

スタッフ
3455 posts
you've set up your box in a weird way…
on the box SOP, turn on Divisions, leave it at 3,3,3
remove the divide SOP
should work.
Michael Goldfarb | www.odforce.net
Training Lead
SideFX
www.sidefx.com
4 posts
OK thanks now it works.
But i don't see the reason why it didn't work before. I mean what if i want to take a geometry as a lattice deformer that is not a box or other standard primitive and want to divide or edit it? It also does not work if i edit the box before the matchsize. It seams that the lattice only works with not edited objects (like not moving points or topology changes).
Anyway with maya i used only the box-like lattices and that is what i need it for.
  • Quick Links