USABILITY: Details View to show current VOPSOP if not pinned

3431   4   1
4528 posts
I had to crop the title a little bit but I think this could be a very good enhancement.

It's very simple. As of now if you have a Details View that's pinned to a node, it always shows the attributes of that node. This is good. If it's not pinned, then it shows the currently selected node even if it's a VOPSOP, which is also good.

But if it's not pinned, and you go inside a VOPSOP, it shows nothing. IMO in this case, it should still show that VOPSOP being edited.

Why? Because:

1. It shows nothing otherwise which is no use when you have the Details View visible around the UI.

2. Personally I always needed to show the current VOPSOP that I am editing, but never complained about the other way around (i.e. showing something else) when not pinned.

3. If you want to accomplish this as of now, you go inside the VOPSOP, most of the time forget to pin the Details View, go back up, pin the view, then go back in.

So this pinning to show the VOPSOP while working inside it seems like something we shouldn't have to worry about.

I don't think this takes away control from the artist, as my suggestion is only when the Details View is not pinned.

Any opinions?
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | pragmaticvfx.gumroad.com
606 posts
This is a no-brainer: +1
13 posts
One more vote!
18 posts
Yes please. +1
Technical Director @ Kredenc
www.mkolar.com [mkolar.com]
スタッフ
2540 posts
True as I also pin the Details View before diving in to the VOP Network to see the results as I add and modify attributes.

RFE submitted ID=51110
There's at least one school like the old school!
  • Quick Links