Displaying render time in Mantra

2022   2   2
14 posts
I'm a little bit confused, because I can not find a working solution for displaying the render time of the last rendered frame when rendering with Mantra. Is there a proper way to achieve this?
Windows 7 64Bit, Quadro 2000M, NVidia driver (331.65), H12.5.533 Apprentice
1391 posts
Did you open “Render Scheduler” Tab ?

Click on the Plus (+) icon in top of the viewport and choose “New Pane Tab Type” and select “Render Scheduler”.

You can see your Render time on it

If you want to save render time information after rendering ,Turn off “Clear Completed Jobs”

NOTE : in some of versions of the Houdini we have bug about this ,You should turn on it and turn off again to save your render time after rendering !

https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
14 posts
Thank you for your help.

Yes tried the “Render Scheduler”, but the render process will not be killed after the rendering is finished. So the elapsed time parameter is still running.

PS:

I played around with it once more and figured out, that there's a difference when using the “Render View”-Tab or rendering directly to MPlay. With MPlay the “Render Scheduler” is working as expected, but in “Render View” the mantra process will not be killed after finishing the rendering. I think the problem is that the “Render View” is acting as an IPR (mantra will be called with -C option) and is contuniosly waiting for rerendering, so the process is not killed.

I like the “Render View” (it's docked in the UI) and I can switch between Preview and standard rendering mode easily. I've quick access to the Mantra and camera node. I'm from Maya and I'm used to work like this.

The question is: Is there a way to get the render time when using the “Render View”-Tab?
Windows 7 64Bit, Quadro 2000M, NVidia driver (331.65), H12.5.533 Apprentice
  • Quick Links