houdini learning problem

3186   5   3
1 posts
hello am new in houdini so basically i downloaded houdini 13 version and now am confused to use new particle system or not ? i have no idea about partice system of houdini i just learned only basic user interface. i have to go australia after 6-7 months for job in studio. i have downloaded tons of tutorial but they changed particle system now. :?
1391 posts
Both particle system are cool and very useful.
for example using local attributes in the old-POPs and connect them to the SOP network is simpler than new-POP , But speed of the New type and relationship to the other Dynamic objects like RBDs is better and simpler than old type.

I usually use old type to create procedural modeling in the SOP network like mograph and I use second one for creating dynamic effects like sands , So I suggest you to learn both , Of course learning first one is really simpler and you should focus on new particle system :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/c/sadjadrabiee [www.youtube.com]
Rabiee.Sadjad@Gmail.Com
スタッフ
2540 posts
Use the Particles shelf and just start pressing tools then study the network that is created is one way to learn them.

Streams = Groups
All VEXPression wrangle areas have a menu on the right of the wrangle field to place examples.
There's at least one school like the old school!
スタッフ
1182 posts
Here are some tutorials that cover the H13 particle tools:

- Intro to H13 Particles [sidefx.com]
- Particle Examples
[sidefx.com]
- H13 Particle Masterclass [sidefx.com]
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
272 posts
Yes - both POPs systems are fantastic and powerful - the new POPs is ( currently learning) frickin AWESOME!
Director @ Valkyrie Beowulf
www.vwulf.com
https://linktr.ee/neilrognvaldrscholes [linktr.ee]
443 posts
I suggest you to start from basic rather than going directly for particles. You might lost. so start from basic, first learn how Houdini works? Use shelf tools and check generated network what is going on inside.
  • Quick Links