Architectural Visualization Pricing

6192   4   1
405 posts
Hey Guys,

Hopefully this is not too much of a touchy subject. I know our little company was getting around $1,500 to $2,000 a Architectural Visualization Job for Commerical Buildings in TN. However we never did any residential homes. I just talked to the president of the home building association here in Atlanta and was indicating that they were only paying around $400 to $500 for residential contracts. This seems pretty low to me but I am not really surprised since it is residential homes. Does anyone bother with the residential homes and do you find this to be a low ball figure? Is $1,500 and $2,000 in keeping with the commerical building contracts anyone else has done? I know this is a sensitive subject but I have encountered the residential visualization market.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
49 posts
$400 - $500 / day sounds pretty good for residential stuff, I don't see what the problem is. :wink:
Jeff Willette
Freelance TD
405 posts
Hey,

I was just wondering if that was normal for residential. It would be more than a day to because I the project is not just being handed off to me as an animator but I have to go out setup the contracts, right the contracts, and that is $400-$500 gross. Not much money net after expenses. I doubt I could get a contract a day for the residential of course if I could then yeah that would not be bad. I think I would need more than one of those contracts at once in order to cover expenses. I think would need about 4 to 5 of them. I will just have to see what I can pull off.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
49 posts
I'm really sorry, that was a bit of a joke… I know nothing of architectural rates, or the time involved in the projects. $400-$500 gross for a project doesn't seem very profitable unless you can turn it over in a day or two. Maybe if you could make a Digital Asset that did everything for you, but that doesn't seem likely.
Jeff Willette
Freelance TD
405 posts
Actually I was thinking of the OTL idea but that is more long term and not short term. Short term I am not sure if its possible. The only way I can think of doing it would be to redo the entire architectural plan by hand into the target software which would be very time consuming and inaccurate. Also it means no L-systems so I would have to hand model every tree etc. As it being a joke then yeah its funny. I didn't know you were joking at the time. lol Yeah $500 net a day would be great.

Cheers,
Nate Nesler
  • Quick Links