Rotoscoping

6024   8   4
9 posts
Hello,

How do I import a background image sequence in the camera? for animation reference purposes?

Thanks
4189 posts
Probably the best way is to use a card and apply your images with a uvquickshade node.

You can also use the Background tab of the Display Options, press ‘d’ key over the viewport
260 posts
select camera, View Tab - Background image
9 posts
Hi,

Thanks for the answers! now I can see the image but the sequence is no playing I got only the first frame, is there any name convention/extra step to see all the sequence when moving in the time line?

Thanks
258 posts
Make sure you have view sequences as one entry checked when you navigate and select your file, or make sure to add the expression for sequences.

imagefile.$F.exr

or what not
655 posts
I would suggest you install qLib and use the Camera Plane qL node.

The main reason I say this is because you will be able to have a back plate but by adding a second one you can have a front plate (for example trees in front) and it is very convenient.

hope it helps.
9 posts
Many thanks for the answers!!!, I will try them now

Cheers!
Camilo
30 posts
Hi Camiloman,

Just to add to the discussion, if your image sequence has padding in front of your frame numbers, you can use this expression:

YourImageFilePath.`padzero(5, $F)`.YourFileExtension

In this example I used a padding of 5 digits, but you can use any number that fits your image sequence.

Don't forget to add the ` before and after the expression.

This will work on the Background tab of the Display Options (d key in the viewport) as well as in the Camera Plane qL node.

Cheers
9 posts
Awesome! that was the info that I was missing, thanks Chirimoya!
  • Quick Links