Fur and thin object - ears

2518   3   1
26 posts
Hi, I have problem with fur and very thin object. look on the picture, there are lots of gaps between hair. I made test with Yeti and works perfectly.
It is so confusing when I add fur on ears.

When I turn off Guides it is works like in yeti but it is not a solution for me.

Any idea?

Attachments:
fur_ear.jpg (959.1 KB)
fur_thin_object.hipnc (799.9 KB)

702 posts
It seems to be related to influence radius

when the surface is thinner than the radius, the guides on the opposite side are influencing the direction and length of the hairs

If I multiply the function in the Influence Radius on the Guides, by 0.1, I get a much closer representation to the yeti reference.

You may need to play with the numbers to get what you want for your ear geometry.

I was thinking this could be controlled by an attribute, but was having a bit of trouble getting that to work…

Attachments:
fur_thin_object_701_mod_influenceradius.hipnc (849.9 KB)

26 posts
I tried that before and when I adjust length the fur looks like
spikes.

I have “stupid” solution at this moment. Separate outside and inside ear and paint two fur but you know it is H. it should not works like this.

Attachments:
len.jpg (479.2 KB)

26 posts
I am still looking for solution of my issue and have and look what I did. I turned off few nodes and it is working with simulation.

But when I try to use groom tools everything explodes and I cannot repeat this in other file -always something

Attachments:
hur_A_1.jpg (232.0 KB)
hair_exp.hipnc (3.2 MB)
hur_A_2.jpg (274.8 KB)

• Quick Links