someone help! cloth stitch constraint got problem.

3578   4   1
2 posts
the soft type in cloth stitch constraint is not working.
this problem is not happend at houdini 13, but, since houdini 14, it was a big problem.
am i do something wrong?

Attachments:
cloth stitch.png (288.3 KB)

2 posts
whatever the stiffness is so so powerful, it still not working.

Attachments:
cloth stitch02.png (7.9 KB)

101 posts
Hi , I have exactly the same issue with houdini 16. No matter how high the stiffness, these constraints seems to have no effect at all.
It says in the docs that, contrary to the “hard” option, the “soft” option create forces “instead” of constraints, but I can't find any information about these forces in the dop network spreadsheet.

Does anybody have a clue ?
https://vimeo.com/user43710534 [vimeo.com]
スタッフ
429 posts
Thanks for noticing this. This is a known issue, Bug 68261.

Are there many cases where you would want to use the soft version of the stitch constraints for cloth?
101 posts
Hi, maybe not “many cases” , but my goal is to model a realistic bed, with some fluffy pillows.
I don't really want to have them animated. I just need some nice “draping” and folding of the beds sheets and cover.
For example for the pillows I tried model it in two pieces( i.e two grid) , adding the dop soft constraint to open edges, and have the two pieces stitch together to wrap around a “filler” solid model.

and it kind of works using the hard version of the constraint, but the respective constrained points just snap together on the first frame of the sim, causing a lot of distortion ( and I guess a lot of work for cloth solver ).

And my guess is it would be easier to do this sort of thing with a soft constraint, by letting forces stitch the model together.
https://vimeo.com/user43710534 [vimeo.com]
  • Quick Links