How do you select edge group to polyextrude the flattened mesh within flattank_fluidinterior (Houdini 16 Masterclass-Ocean Tools)

1785   0   0
109 posts
Hi! I am probably in over my head here but I am attempting to recreate the Ocean Flat Tank with a moving boat. I turned on the option to output the “boundary” edge group but now can't figure out how to select the group to extrude it. Should it be selectable in the viewport because right now with the convert or polyextrude node selected my mesh is completely closed on the sides and bottom with no boundary edge.

Thanks!

edit: For some reason my mesh is definitely flattened in the particlefluidsource and filecache nodes within flattank_fluid_extended but when I go into flattank_fluidinterior I get a rounded mesh the size of my flat tank. I am guessing that if I could get it to appear flattened within the flattank_fluidinterior I would be able to select the boundary within the viewport, am I correct in thinking this?

edit 2: I was able to get the flattened mesh to appear within the flattank fluidinterior node but still no ability to select the boundary group. I was able to toggle group select on which had be excited but still not able to select it. Is it possible to select it in the Tree view, and if so where is it because I can't find the group in there.

edit 3: So by searching the Tree view for “boundary” I found a few entries that matched and when checking/unchecking “output edge group” I see the the icon for groupdelete (__boundary,__allpts,__exterioredges) is changing so I am assuming this has something to do with it but in the parameters tab everything is greyed out. I basically tried dragging and dropping everything I could find in the Tree view into the group field in polyextrude but it says not a valid group.
Edited by decksounds - 2017年3月17日 19:35:09
  • Quick Links