Position pop Node

2641   5   1
6 posts
Hey all,
I'm trying to use the position pop node in the new pop network but cant seem to make it work.
Can someone give me a hint about it or an example file?
thanx!
スタッフ
6205 posts
Hmm.. I don't think there is a POP Position node in the standard Houdini install?

There is a Position DOP; however. The Position DOP you will note has a green output wire as it is a data node, not a micro-solver node. Its used for setting up RBD Objects so should not be required for POP geometry.

If you want to adjust the position of particles in a manner similar to the old Position POP, the POP Wrangle is the simplest.

// Set all points to location 1, 3, 5
@P = set(1, 3, 5);
6 posts
Thanx alot! I thought its a pop node cause I was using it in the pop network, beginners mistake
the wrangle approach seems quite good!
cheers!
スタッフ
6205 posts
The POP Network is a full DOP Network, so you'll find lots of nodes that are irrelevant. Making it easier to filter this is one of our goals.

For now, look for the “POP” prefix to identify the ones specialized for working with POPs.
6 posts
Great! thanx for the support.
7772 posts
I don't see the importance of distinguishing between ‘POP’ DOPs and others, they simply operate on geometry, and there are plenty of use cases where you would use ‘POP’ dops in flip/bullet/wire/fem simulations. vop contexts are ripe for filtration, however.
  • Quick Links