Trying to Link a particle emitter within a sop to instanced geometry source emitters

1872   1   0
55 posts
I have source particle emitter I created. Then relinked the

Source_Particle_Emitter_source to a emitter I created within a Geometry SOP called Fusolage_Proxy

Reason being, I have one object with a particle system, Which I then want to instance multiple times.

What I am trying to do is apply the particle system to all the instanced objects. So that they all have the particle system associated with the instanced geometry using a single autodop network.

The particle system seems to link fine within the Geometry SOP fine, but the particle systems do not instance like the geometry does. Nor does it render the instanced particle system.

If anyone knows how to solve this. Would be very helpful.
Edited by vertigo262 - 2017年7月7日 12:08:59

Attachments:
Instance Particles1.jpg (427.6 KB)
Instance Particles2.jpg (458.6 KB)
Instance Particles.hip (454.4 KB)

55 posts
While this is kind of a workaround and will solve my problem due to the fact I have a low number of instances. It does not solve the problem of instancing particle source emitters.

I still have not figured this out. Although I did figure out how to create multiple non instances source emitters using the same autodop network

As I have no doubt I will run into the situation where I need particle emitters on a large number of instances in the future
Edited by vertigo262 - 2017年7月7日 20:37:29

Attachments:
Instance Particles3.jpg (529.1 KB)
Instance Particles4.jpg (516.9 KB)

• Quick Links