H 16.5 Hair (Simulation) Dynamics

3778   3   1
350 posts
Much testing this past week with a simulation using the Apply Fur shelf tool on a simple sphere. Unfortunately no detailed information I can find on adjusting hair simulation dynamics in 16.5!

It seems that what was the Material TAB has now been separated into Physical and Plasticity TABs.
Under Elasticity I have increased Stretch Spring to 3000, reduced both Stretch and Bend Damping to .01, and increased Bend Spring to 5. (see attached)
From what I understand, this SHOULD result in my hair or hair guides having less ‘stiffness’.
But I can see zero difference. Any Wire Solver or hair experts (Kai?) able to suggest what I am doing wrong?

Edited by art3mis - 2017年11月14日 14:48:54

Attachments:
hair_sphere.hiplc (1.2 MB)
Physical_TAB.png (29.3 KB)
hairy_sphere.gif (182.2 KB)

1 posts
I wonder if you found a solution to your problem as I wanted to ask exactly the same question. I am working on the hair now and I am fed up with trying to tame it.
スタッフ
637 posts
This seems to behave much better when you set “Reference Matching” to 0. I think maybe there's some weird interaction with the non-1 spatial scale there. I'll look into that.
Kai Stavginski
Senior Technical Director
SideFX
36 posts
So is it some soft of bug? i have been trying to get the guides to simulate but they are always so stiff.
  • Quick Links