RBD inactive pieces near ground become active

1933   3   1
156 posts
this is a problem I am not yet able to solve

I have a simple Wood Floor structure, fractured with the new material fracture feature of 17
Then I let Crag loose on it

the pieces near the floor are made inactive with a point wrangle

everything works but some pieces are freaking out because they are inside those inactive ones which won't move at all of course

what I want to do is tell those inactive ones to become active when a certain force is on them or something like that

I am thinking of a sop solver inside the dopnet which checks for surrounding points (packed primitives) and if they are moving or above a certain speed or within the bounds of crag,… you get the idea

Not sure how to achieve this yet and glad for any idea or workflow!

Thanks!

Attachments:
cragOnWood.mov (443.9 KB)

86 posts
Can you post the file?
スタッフ
733 posts
You could try setting up the min_activation_impulse point attribute for Bullet (documented on the RBD Packed Object help card)
16 posts
You can keep it simple trying to animate the active parameter using the collider geo in sops, remember to enable the active overwrite in the rbd object

I would use a constraint network and delete the broken ones in a sop solver depending on some attributes. Import the geometry simulated with an object merge, get the points, mass and force and you can also get the acceleration. With those attrbs you can set some wrangle to delete the constraints that exceed a threshold.

Or just check what Cwhite said above!

Good luck!
Edited by Jose Zalez - 2018年11月6日 12:55:12
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/josezalez [vimeo.com]
  • Quick Links