CopyandTransformSOP Behavior Using a Line

1034   2   0
11 posts
Hi Guys, I was wondering if someone could help me figure something new, as I'm very new to houdini. I'm trying to achieve the relative behavior the copy and transformSOP but using a lineSOP, resampleSOP and copy to pointsSOP. The reason I'm trying to get this to work is because while the copyandtransformSOP is good, I want to have a fixed transformation (just in a straight line in this case) but still have the ability to control how many copies are in between the starting point and end point. While the nodes I'm using achieve the half the effect, I no longer have control of the scale of things, like you can do in the copyandtransformSOP. I tried using a couple methods, like using an attributewrangleSOP to change the Pscale value, but from my limited knowledge, but I'm just too new to have enough know-how to troubleshoot.

In summary, what I want is a line where I can control how many copies of a primitive go in between, while still controlling the scale of said primitives.

Thank you!

Attachments:
Houdini Question.png (1.0 MB)

900 posts
hi, try to use @pscale , all lower case
11 posts
Yup, that did it, I'm both glad my reasoning was correct, but also frustrated that the answer was so silly. Houdini sure is complicated haha, I guess I thought it was capitol since “P” is capitol. Thank for the help Andr, You've helped me before.
Edited by Bobo_The_Imp - 2018年11月14日 19:55:50
  • Quick Links