searching the shelf

3994   3   2
832 posts
i've been delving into the shelf and have a simple question:

-is there a way to search for a string - in a similar way the type ahead works for OP selection?

i must be missing something - as it seems currently slower to find/select things in the shelf than the type ahead method. ie, you need to do lots of mouse clicking to install/find the correct menu - rather than just type the first two of three letters of it's name. am i missing something here?
4140 posts
I thought the type ahead in the Scene view is agnostic - you don't hunt a path to the item - just start typing “g..r..” and Grid will show up. Whether it's a shelf item or something like “View”, it doesn't matter.

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
696 posts
I think the idea, is that if you're modeling, and you want to go back and forth between polysplits, and extrudes and such… the shelf is faster than tabbing and typing…

I haven't used any sort of a search feature for the shelf other than my eyes.
Stephen Tucker
VFXTD
325 posts
Hey guys,

I found this old topic, since I was about to ask the same: is there a way to quick-search through shelf tab menus (or, rather, a way to quickly find a shelf item and to which shelf tab such item belongs)?

I love tab-menu, while shelves were supposed to be 'quick-access` thingy which does not need a quick-search filter, but now (2K18), when the number of shelves is growing, it is getting harder to memorize all the shelf items and where they belong, is not it? Or am I doing it wrong?

Cheers,
Vlad
Edited by madjestic - 2018年11月21日 11:28:14
I liked the Mustang
  • Quick Links