Is it possible to create a node preset that leaves certain parameters unchanged?

1521   3   1
146 posts
As per title - is this possible? For example: I may have a couple of camera node presets I like to use, but if I've already positioned a camera, applying a preset resets its transforms too, making any preset useless.

Or a Mantra ROP preset that doesn't change, say, frame ranges, but sets all the sample parameters.

Is this possible with the normal preset UI, or do I have to roll my own pythony thing?
146 posts
Answered my own question: you can edit the presets' .idx files and remove the lines you don't want in the opvalues section at the bottom. Not sure whether there may be bad side effects, but it seems to work.

This is ace: I can now have presets that just overlay a subset of settings without annihilating everything. Yay. Does feel naughty though.
622 posts
howiem
Answered my own question: you can edit the presets' .idx files and remove the lines you don't want in the opvalues section at the bottom. Not sure whether there may be bad side effects, but it seems to work.

This is ace: I can now have presets that just overlay a subset of settings without annihilating everything. Yay. Does feel naughty though.

Hi howiem,

What editor did you use to edit the .idx file?
It does not work for me after I open it with notepad.exe and save in place.
Edited by jerry7 - 2021年10月18日 08:48:29
7794 posts
jerry7
howiem

Hi howiem,

What editor did you use to edit the .idx file?
It does not work for me after I open it with notepad.exe and save in place.

IDX files are binary. They cannot be edited with a text editor without possibly breaking them.
  • Quick Links