Chop or delete hairs based on geometry

1372   4   0
96 posts
Hi,

How can I delete or cut hairs based on intersection with a given piece of geometry?

thanks!
2042 posts
Do you have a hip file that gives an example of a set up that you would like to have this applied too?
96 posts
Thanks for the reply BabaJ. I have put together the attached sample file. Basically, since I will be closeup to the blades of grass, I want to create a small indentation on the heightfield ground at the base of each hair to integrate it better with the ground. This would help it look like the grass is growing out of the ground. It could also be just a dark spot added to the color of the ground at the place where the grass is growing from.

Adnan
Edited by madguru - 2019年9月28日 10:15:21

Attachments:
grassTest.hiplc (3.0 MB)

2042 posts
Here's just a simple convert the point on the poly surface closest to the Hair base point to a specific color.

Of course you could do some geometry deforming as well.

I've never used groom sops and very little heightfield ones, so there may be a better solution utilizing those groups of sops I'm not aware of.

Also, with my example it could be refined as well in different ways, just depends on what the actual end result is that you want.
Edited by BabaJ - 2019年9月30日 10:46:28

Attachments:
grassTest_v0.hiplc (5.2 MB)

96 posts
Thanks a lot for this. It was really helpful. If I can get that point color added to the heightfield it will be even more seamless. Thanks again!
  • Quick Links