resumeable downloads

6690   5   1
77 posts
Does the Sidefx download-server support resumable downloading?

If so, what software do I need?

I tried using GetRight, feeding it the url that Opera decoded :

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_download&Itemid=208&page=license&version=8.1&build=704&platform=win32 [sidefx.com]

… but it goes to an "index.php' instead.

I'm on dialup and have a flaky connection. Despite that, I have managed to download the ~80meg install.

Frustrating when my connection dies and I have to start over for another ~6hours

Mike
Edited by - 2006年10月18日 10:10:06
7725 posts
GetRight seemed to work the last time I tried it. But I was using Internet Explorer though.
12477 posts
I've also used GetRight (with firefox) to download Houdini builds, but I swore that it just *looks* like its going to download index.php but really ends up downloading the full installation instead.
Jason Iversen, Technology Supervisor & FX Pipeline/R+D Lead @ Weta FX
also, http://www.odforce.net [www.odforce.net]
63 posts
It would be nice if SideFX posted md5 checksums for each download.
77 posts
jason_iversen
I've also used GetRight (with firefox) to download Houdini builds, but I swore that it just *looks* like its going to download index.php but really ends up downloading the full installation instead.

I get the “View in Getright Browser / Is a login page …” dialog popping up when I paste the URL into GetRight.

For whatever reason, sometimes Getright intercepts the URL from the browser, other times it doesn't.

Oh well, I just used Firefox directly, and amazingly last night it downloaded it without my connection breaking

Mike
139 posts
We do support resumable downloads, however, you must be logged in in order to download Houdini.

So if your download manager inherits all your browser's cookies then it should work fine, otherwise your download manager will just download a page telling you that you need to log in.
  • Quick Links