Gas Surface Tension Mask

1658   3   1
18 posts
Hi!

I want to use mask field of the Gas Surface Tension DOP to control surface tension with an attribute, but whatever I try seems to have no effect. I'm using the volumefromattr sop to create a vdb and try to source that in dops, but no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Felix

Attachments:
Previz_DEBUG_v02.hip (682.9 KB)

18 posts
Anyone?
4530 posts
Hi,

Your setup is failing to import the mask field because you are trying to match to density field which is a non-existent field in standard FLIP. If you set this parameter to “surface” which is present in a standard FLIP sim, then it will import your mask field properly.
Senior FX TD @ Industrial Light & Magic
Get to the NEXT level in Houdini & VEX with Pragmatic VEX! [www.pragmatic-vfx.com]

youtube.com/@pragmaticvfx | patreon.com/animatrix | pragmaticvfx.gumroad.com
18 posts
Thank you very much for your help. I'm still struggling to get this to work. I've set the “field to match” to surface in the volumesource. Although I really don't understand why, because by default when sourcing flip surface it's set to density. This whole dops/field thing is sooo confusing.
Another error (I suppose) was that I was sourcing my mask only on the first frame, I've set the activation to constant now. But still it's not behaving like I want it to, which is blending in the effect of surfacetension from one direction. Now the fluid is exploding in a weird way…
Any more help would be fantastic!

Attachments:
Previz_DEBUG_v03.hip (1.9 MB)

• Quick Links