COP-ROP not finding output of prepended ROP

1968   3   1
30 posts
Very simple setup here:
I render out a frame (initially RS but Mantra for debugging) and convert the output into another colorspace right after the render with an appended cop-rop pointing to a simple “file” COP in a COPnet right next to it.

Unfortunately, the COP-ROP simply does not find the output of the preceding ROP when it should be done.

Attached is also the debug file.
To reproduce, simply execute the comp2-rop in the out context.

Am I doing something monumentally wrong here? This used to work for the past two months and now it doesn't anymore for me and a colleague. We're on Win10 and Houdini 18.0.460 but also went back to 391. It used to work in both versions.

Thanks for the help,
Martin
Edited by martin-egger - 2020年6月16日 07:56:29

Attachments:
Clipboard01.jpg (11.2 KB)
mnp_rs_render_debug_0002.hipnc (594.1 KB)

- Martin Egger
Student at Filmakademie BW
& Freelance FX TD
7812 posts
The file COP output by the comp node is referencing the output of the redshift render, rather than the mantra render.
30 posts
Oh wow, that was indeed silly from me, haha. Thank you Jonathan. But it does happen with the redshift render prepended. I can't image what I messed up since it worked for the past month and now I spent two days trying to fix it with no luck.

Then attached here is the fixed version with the Redshift-ROP included. If anyone has RS installed, you could check it out. It currently appears like a bug with Redshift and I just posted a bug report in their forums. But if you manage to point the finger to what I messed up I will owe you a couple of beers.

Cheers,
Martin

Attachments:
mnp_rs_render_debug_0003.hipnc (607.2 KB)

- Martin Egger
& Freelance FX TD
30 posts
Alright, both (seperate) problems solved, for future reference of anyone coming across this:

1) Redshift not rendering was caused due to a checkbox under the “main” tab called “Non Blocking Current Frame Rendering” which needs to be turned off (on by default)

2) The COP-ROP not outputting more than the first frame of a sequence was due to the checkbox “Reload All Files” not being turned on. (Again, off by default.)

Hope this helps someone.
Cheers,
Martin

(PS: still no freaking clue how this worked for two months before, hahaha)
Edited by martin-egger - 2020年6月17日 11:27:06
- Martin Egger
& Freelance FX TD
  • Quick Links