No notifications while cooking

1448   1   0
36 posts
I need the result of the last frame of a short simulation in my engine hda, and in order to reliably achieve it I have to use pre and post render scripts. I have a pre render and post render script that reset the simulation, so that its not keeping the cache and to insure that I initiate a cook anytime I intentionally render. Also i have a pre frame opcook expression at the end of a sop chain that post processes the sim.

With this workflow there are no notification in unreal for the simulation cooking or the write. It there anyway to add notifications so that the end user can track the progress of the operations?

The only way that I have found is to visualize the last sop, but this is an unnecessary operation in this workflow and adds considerable time.
36 posts
If I remove the opcook and instead toggle visualization before and after the write I can at least get the “finished cooking” notification, which is better than nothing.
It looks like you only get cooking notifications if something is visible in UE, and any other render processes just happen in the background.

Attachments:
progressNotification2.JPG (26.6 KB)
progressNotification.JPG (24.2 KB)

• Quick Links