lots of viewport errors in Solaris 18.5.499

1198   0   1
669 posts
Hi

Is anyone else finding the latest production build really buggy in Solaris viewport?

Objects that should not be there randomly appear in wireframe view but not in Karma/RenderMan. Merging two Instances of things scattered on the ground cancel each other out or just don't show up in wireframe at all. I can make small demo scenes, but both of these things are happening all the time with everything I am doing. The viewport seems really unstable as I am unable to tell what is actually there and what is not.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18QA80JgAEqr_vlrBL855vGWRBw7UlJS6/view?usp=sharing [drive.google.com]

I am pulling USD files off of disk but nothing fancy. I have just updated to the latest Nvidia studio build in the hope that might fix it, but alas, it did not.

Best Mark

EDIT: Ok, it seems after rendering things start to go screwy. If I set everything up before a render and never do a render the wireframe viewport is OK. After rendering it seems the wireframe viewport is not updating properly. I can kind of get away with using Mplay for Karma, but I am relying on the viewport for Renderman. Best
Edited by Mark Wallman - 2021年3月18日 13:16:10
  • Quick Links