New Houdini Pricing

17205   20   4
スタッフ
1182 posts
Side Effects Software is pleased to announce a new Houdini product line with lower prices designed to make it easier for you to maintain and enhance your current Houdini pipeline. This new product line includes a streamlined list of products and a re-packaging of some features, such as free third party rendering and access to unlimited Mantra render tokens with both Houdini Master and Houdini Escape.

In March, Side Effects Software will be releasing Houdini 8.2 to introduce the new product line. Houdini 8 licenses for Houdini Master and Houdini Escape will continue to work without interruption. Houdini Select customers will be able to use their Houdini 8 license to run Houdini Escape 8.2, and Houdini Non-graphical and Rscript customers will be able to use their Houdini 8 license to run Houdini Batch 8.2.

Here is the article on our website:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=582&Itemid=66 [sidefx.com]

Here is a link to a migration chart that will help existing users understand the changes:

http://www.sidefx.com/images/stories/products/pricing/houdini_migrationchart_march07.pdf [sidefx.com]
Robert Magee
Senior Product Marketing Manager
SideFX
523 posts
Hello,

will there be new features in H8.2 ? (like the difference between H8 and h8.1)

thanks,

bern
4140 posts
From what I've been told, nope, 8.2 is all about the new pricing structure, not new features. That will be H9.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
57 posts
Can someone help me with the term

“unlimited access to Mantra render tokens”

we were about to get 1 Houdini Escape at the studio.

obviously we dont need to buy rplus now since it is in the Escape offer…
but if we dont need to buy extra Mantra licenses (at 1000$ each) that is unreal..

cheers

J..
1631 posts
It means what it says. You get unlimited Mantra tokens for as many CPUs as you have in the farm or in the company.

Cheers!
steven
57 posts
no words..

this is an amazing offer…

J.
54 posts
now you just need to buy 3dsmax and you also get unlimited mental ray… and unlimited rendering to mr from houdini?
401 posts
Aearon
now you just need to buy 3dsmax and you also get unlimited mental ray… and unlimited rendering to mr from houdini?

I don't think so as the mentral ray shipping with 3dsmax cannot render mi files, can it?
I think it just renders scenes submitted from 3dmax.

Georg
this is not a science fair.
345 posts
stevenong
It means what it says. You get unlimited Mantra tokens for as many CPUs as you have in the farm or in the company.

steven

Hope that's true, because before, unlimited number of mantra licenses for master meant to be something around 10. But I keep my fingers crossed.

cheers
kuba
1390 posts
rdg
Aearon
I don't think so as the mentral ray shipping with 3dsmax cannot render mi files, can it?
I think it just renders scenes submitted from 3dmax.
Georg
It just a matter of configuration. With a few touches you can configure mental from max, xsi or maya to work as standalone and render *.mi files.
It somehow hided for obvious reason but still possible and I think legal.

cheers,
sy.
581 posts
JohnBardakos
no words..

this is an amazing offer…

J.
Hey John ! hen you finally go for Houdini
That's great, this will solve your procedural life
Un saludo
Best Regards

Pablo Giménez
639 posts
kuba
stevenong

steven

Hope that's true, because before, unlimited number of mantra licenses for master meant to be something around 10. But I keep my fingers crossed.

cheers
kuba

Assuming you have a license of Master before, I am sure you can request more Mantra license, no? I think that's how they meant by unlimited.
68 posts
Yes, this is awesome, renderman and mental ray access from a $2k version of houdini… I can't wait for more studios to migrate to houdini.
63 posts
SYmek
It just a matter of configuration. With a few touches you can configure mental from max, xsi or maya to work as standalone and render *.mi files. It somehow hided for obvious reason but still possible and I think legal.
Configuration?? First time I hear such a thing. In XSI, you don't have a license to the mental ray standalone, Maya does not even include the ray standalone in the default install. The library version included with these applications do not allow loading of mi files. I would be very interested in this “configuration”, can you please describe it?
1390 posts
Well, all I can say now is that I've seen this on my eyes…
63 posts
SYmek
Well, all I can say now is that I've seen this on my eyes…
What were you on when you've seen this Just kidding. Or maybe not
133 posts
Escape is upgradeable to Master? I just pay the price difference? Also…Escape has the Particle SOP? I have some VFX possibilties with it?

I'm just amazed by the new price for Master, but can't afford it right now. Thinking aloud about dipping my toes in Escape later to become Master.
32 posts
btw, why it is not in downloads?
Dennis S. Sedov
4262 posts
dsedov

Are you referring to Escape or to Houdini 8.2?
if(coffees<2,round(float),float)
32 posts
Yeah 8.2

Wolfwood
dsedov

Are you referring to Escape or to Houdini 8.2?
Dennis S. Sedov
  • Quick Links