smoke doesn't disappear from viewport

2069   2   0
3 posts
hi,
I have a weird problem. I have a pyro (smoke) simulation, which I cache via dop i/o. when I load it, its like there's no "dissipation" in a 3d preview. it works properly when I render it, but in a perspective/camera view the volume stays wherever it passes through, like a permanent ghosting effect. after a while the whole container is covered with still volume.
it looks properly when viewed in dopnet. I used the same sim setup before and had no problems, and after some cache, its messed up. could it be some option/checkbox I clicked by mistake? or more like a random bug? or a hardware problem? I tried resetting scene view / restarting pc / recaching etc but nothing solves it.
I'd appreciate any ideas how to deal with it.
thank you
7820 posts
Sounds like the fields being imported to SOPS don't have an appropriate visualizer. All fields default to being visible as smoke, including temperature and velocity. This may be what you are seeing as 'ghost fields'. The Volume Visualizer node can be used to control the appearance of the simulation in the 3D view.
3 posts
hi,
thank you for replying.
I don't think that's the case though. perhaps I wasn't clear enough about the "ghosting effect" (you could google for more insight) but unfortunately I don't think a screenshot would be much clearer. its like an echo which doesn't fade away. it kind of does visualize the volume properly, but its being stacked each frame. like a trail of smoke.
  • Quick Links