Can't find Hydra Plugin 'HdRedshiftRendererPlugin'

2978   6   0
17 posts
Hi, I was wondering if anyone has bumped into the following error when attempting to use the USD Render ROP with Redshift in Solaris. The plugin seems to be loading fine, it's clearly in the list, and I use it extensively in the Solaris Viewport. I just can't seem to write a file out to disk.

<b style='color: red;'>[14:22:27] Can't find Hydra plugin 'HdRedshiftRendererPlugin'. Choose one of:</b>
<b style='color: red;'>[14:22:27] - Redshift (HdRedshiftRendererPlugin)</b>
<b style='color: red;'>[14:22:27] - GL (HdStormRendererPlugin)</b>
<b style='color: red;'>[14:22:27] - Houdini GL (HD_HoudiniRendererPlugin)</b>
<b style='color: red;'>[14:22:27] - Karma (BRAY_HdKarma)</b>
<b style='color: red;'>[14:22:27] Unable to load render plugin: HdRedshiftRendererPlugin</b>
4 posts
I would try to set PXR_PLUGINPATH_NAME global variable in your operation system regardless houdini.env configuration.
34 posts
Hello,

This can occur when there is something wrong with the way the redshift paths are added to to the HOUDINI_PATH .

I would check that all the paths I the houdini_path exist and use the correct path delimited for the operating system.

Cheers
Kym
17 posts
Hi, thanks for the responses.

I double checked and all the paths in the HOUDINI_PATH exist. Of course PXR_PLUGINPATH_NAME is set up as well. Redshift is usable both inside and outside of Solaris, just not via the USD Render ROP. It's also strange to me that it says that HdRedshiftRendererPlugin can't be found and then it proceeds to list HdRedshiftRendererPlugin as a potential option.

All my environment variables are set at a system level.
Edited by jonathan-franklin - 2021年11月1日 17:30:02
34 posts
From our environment builder , which will replace the path delimiters, this is what the minimum redshift paths required to have husk find the redshift hydra plugin.
(I have edited the paths to reflect the default location redshift installs to on windows.)
set PATH = C:/ProgramData/Redshift/bin;%PATH%
set HOUDINI_PATH = C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Houdini/%HOUDINI_VERSION%;%HOUDINI_PATH%;&
set PXR_PLUGINPATH_NAME=C:/ProgramData/Redshift/Plugins/Solaris/%HOUDINI_VERSION%;&
17 posts
PATH=<Other Entries>:/<Drive>/LIBRARY/TECH_CONFIG/SOFTWARE/redshift/bin:<Other entries>

HOUDINI_PATH=$REDSHIFTPATH:/home/jfranklin/houdini19.0:$HSITE:$HFS/houdini

REDSHIFTPATH=/<Drive>/LIBRARY/TECH_CONFIG/SOFTWARE/redshift/redshift4houdini/19.0.383

PXR_PLUGINPATH_NAME=/<Drive>/LIBRARY/TECH_CONFIG/SOFTWARE/redshift/redshift4solaris/19.0.383

So this is what my env output looks like, edited to remove irrelevant or identifying info. As far as I can tell I've hit all the necessary points. One thing to note is that the installs for Houdini and Redshift are on a network drive (this is an organization setup).
スタッフ
4438 posts
Any chance that it is failing to get a redshift license when running from within husk? Since it's listing redshift as a valid delegate, but then saying it can't set the delegate to redshift, I wonder if there is a redshift license check happening when husk tries to instantiate the delegate? Another possibility is a failure to find some DLL needed by redshift that Houdini loads, but husk doesn't. When husk tries to load and run the redshift delegate, it isn't finding the DLL, and so again it can't start the delegate (even though it is in the list of available delegates). Not sure exactly how to validate either of these theories though...
  • Quick Links