Ignore Houdini Packages at launch?

1670   3   2
8 posts
Hello everyone,
I am doing some pipeline for our small company. We are using packages that are on a shared network drive to use plugins, which is super cool.
From time to time, I encounter an issue and would like to see if the issue still exists without any plugins.
The package folder is shared to everyone who launches Houdini through a windows env var.
Would there be a way (like an argument maybe) to launch Houdini without any packages? Something like "pathToHoudini.exe -nopackages" ?

I also tried to setup a variable in houdini.env called "ignorePackages" set to 1, and tried to catch it in my package but it does not seem to work
"enable": {"ignorePackages== 'true'":false},
Does anybody have any idea on how to do this, please?
Cheers,
ValDo
スタッフ
398 posts
Use HOUDINI_PACKAGE_SKIP to disable packages on startup.

In general, don't use houdini.env for setting your env vars. The houdini.env file is always processed after packages, so Houdini will not pickup any of your env vars set in houdini.env when processing packages. It's best to set your env vars in a script used to run Houdini or directly from your command line window where you run Houdini from.
8 posts
Hello Mabelzile,
Thanks a lot for your answer, I have no idea how or where to use HOUDINI_PACKAGE_SKIP, can you tell me where to use it please?
I don't see any option in the doc for launching it through commandline https://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini/ref/commandline.html [www.sidefx.com]
Thanks!
スタッフ
398 posts
Sorry, I meant the Windows command-line window or a linux shell terminal.
$ export HOUDINI_PACKAGE_SKIP=1
$ houdini
  • Quick Links