Extruded Curves stay as curve when extruded how to fix ?

1063   2   1
88 posts
Hello I've run into an issue where if I model starting from lines or curves those lines stay lines even when connected to a primitive so when I render them they get rendered as tubes.

(the lines are white in the viewport.)
Does anyone know how to fix this problem ? I’ve tried using convert on them but since you can have a polygon curve this doesn’t fix anything.
Edited by TangheStudent - 2022年7月7日 17:01:32

Attachments:
Screenshot from 2022-07-06 20-59-48.png (273.8 KB)
ilustrate_problem.hipnc (177.7 KB)

236 posts
Hi, I've shown two methods marked in green and blue.

The first method (green) would be to sort out the issue upstream. I've used the patch group from polyfill and delete non-selected. However, this will mess up your selections downstream due to the point numbers changing.

The second method (blue) is to use the grouping from the polyextrudes in the same way at the end of the stream.

Both methods are based on grouping everything apart from the curve so it'll depend on how you've built the model.

Rob

Attachments:
ilustrate_problem_RS.hipnc (185.1 KB)

8569 posts
- you can also use Poly Path (Make Isolated Loops Closed) instead of Poly Fill to create a single poly from your lines instead of creating another additional poly

- or if you don't want to mess up your network you can append Blest SOP after your whole geo
and type this into Group parm
@intrinsic:closed=0
to delete only open curves which is all elements that are causing your issue
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
  • Quick Links