19.5 skeleton blend not working like before

1696   3   1
26 posts
Afternoon,

Following a tutorial by Kamil Hepner and the skeleton blend in 19.5 doesnt work like before.

I have deleted joints to make controls, used attachjointGeo with some circle splines as control shapes and used a rigpose node so i can animate pos and rotation. Added the skeletonblend node to mix the movement and nothing happens. In previous versions it worked fine so not sure what is new. Tried adjusting the weight value and world space toggle but no joy.

Is it a bug? Or just a new way to do things..

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Duncan
1 posts
Good Morning,

I was having similar problems following older examples. I ended up experimenting with a file provided by mestela in this post:
Post [www.sidefx.com]
This file still had an old skeltonblend node for me to compare to.

The new node for me made the skeleton warp or collapse. I found the only thing that worked was specifying the group to the specific bones you wanted to blend.
I show what I mean in the attached gif.

I hope this helps,
John

Attachments:
HowIgotittowork.gif (1.1 MB)

1 posts
Recently I've been looking for solution for this issue and today I found your solution and finally solved it!
Thank you Marolex10!
2 posts
Wow. ThankYOU! I've been stuck on the merge for a month? I tried 3 versions of the furdude tutorial and continually failed at the merge.

I could not get past this part of the FurDude tutorial because the skeleton was collapsing past the skeleton merge.

This appears to have fixed it. All the bones I modified to reblend, I added to the group on the skeleton blend. Seems to have worked for now. Continuing on.
  • Quick Links