Problem constructing filepath in COPS node

809   0   0
45 posts
I have a set of attributes on a mesh which is different on each frame. I am trying to use COPS to write out the attributes to a texture. The points are along the X axis, and the frames are meant to be along the Y axis. I have 508 points, and 120 frames, so my texture is 508x120px.
I couldn't figure out how to read in attributes from other frames, so I cached out the geometry to a mesh sequence.
In COPS I am then using the IX parameter to determine the point number, which works fine. But I cannot seem to get a file path constructed so that it can use IY to choose which geo to read from.
What I'm trying is to construct the filepath as a string based on three parts:
Start: "F:/Path/To/The/File."
Frame: frame number
End: ".bgeo.sc"

If I set the frame number to a constant string, for example "100" then it works fine, but obviously fills the whole texture vertically with the value from frame 100. However, if I try to set the frame number from IY via a 'character to string' node (which seems like it should turn an integer into a string) then it doesn't work. See attached image for the set up.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Maybe there is a better way to do this in the first place?

Attachments:
COPS_issue.jpg (179.2 KB)

• Quick Links