How would you close this hole in a mesh?

1525   5   1
5 posts
Hello!
I've created a tool that procedurally creates a Skirt around a mesh. so far, I've been able to get it to return a mesh like the first image. All I need to do is fill in the holes, but the methods I've used so far have been unsuccessful. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

So far I have tried:
-poly bridge (returns inconsistent results)
-polyfill
-ends node
-polycap

Edited by gcotrell - 2022年11月9日 14:01:57

Attachments:
help1.png (725.9 KB)

134 posts
looks like you are viewing it in wireframe? you do have 17 polygons so should be filled. Otherwise can you share the mesh that you have created?
5 posts
Here is an example of some geo I've been able to generate with my procedural setup. I feel I
must be so close to cracking this problem but I've come up short so far.

The image is not wireframe, but rather I've been able to generate Lines between ordered points.

Image Not Found

Attachments:
testgeo.bgeo.sc (3.1 KB)

スタッフ
469 posts
What is inconsistent with Poly Bridge? I set it down and set the source group to inside, the destination group to outside, and disabled keep input geometry, and the result seems to be correct for your sample geometry.
Edited by johnmather - 2022年11月9日 15:45:59
5 posts
Ahhh thank you John! That did exactly what I needed it to do in a predictable fashion. I think I must have been over complicating the whole issue. With previous attempts the polybridge would occasionally return twisted segments of geometry.
Cheers!
7812 posts
gcotrell
With previous attempts the polybridge would occasionally return twisted segments of geometry.
Cheers!

I find I have to sort the vertices so the start and end have roughly the same order.
  • Quick Links