Applying carved line with easing to "bornFrame" attribute

1587   4   0
319 posts
Hello,

I have a carved line, which after the fact I am calculating a "bornFrame" for each point in the line (i.e. the frame the line begins to 'exist' on). I'm doing this with a simple fit between the carve frames and ptnum and npoints of the pre carved line. It works as the fit and the carve are a linear mapping. It breaks when I apply easing on to the carve.

Initially I thought this was simple, just apply the same easing curve to the calculation of the bornFrame, but that doesn't work as for example easing in will produce lower bornFrame values, but they would need to be higher as it would take longer for each point to be "born".

Can anyone enlighten me as to how to do this?

Thanks!
Edited by Dean_19 - 2022年11月10日 11:32:55

Attachments:
easing_carve.hipnc (110.7 KB)

475 posts
Hi,
if you use a solver you can check the point distance to the curve of the previous frame. If the point is close, it is already born and you can read the attribute from the previous point. If not, the point is not born already and it should get the current frame number. Since carve is creating new points (the last point), the frame can still change until the point is fixed.

Attachments:
easing_carve_solver.hipnc (132.2 KB)

56 posts
Dean_19
It works as the fit and the carve are a linear mapping. It breaks when I apply easing on to the carve.
use particle
Edited by Benyee - 2022年11月10日 22:35:46

Attachments:
easing_carve_v2.hipnc (302.4 KB)

319 posts
Hi,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions! That totally works. However, my bad, I definitely should have mentioned, I am trying to do this procedurally, as I have many curves and need to run them in batches/parallel. In the example file the method that works with a linear carve is procedural, and I'm hoping to find a way I can apply easing to the carving and find out mathematically how mimic that with the birthframe distribution.

Thanks again for your solution though!
Edited by Dean_19 - 2022年11月11日 04:30:19
475 posts
Here is another update, which should work with multiple curves

Attachments:
easing_carve_solverA.hipnc (149.7 KB)

• Quick Links