Set Driven Keys in KineFX

915   3   2
357 posts
For those familiar with Set driven Keys in maya, any idea if KineFX has anything similar at the moment?
hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
685 posts
Hey traileverse,

The Houdini function for driven keys is BlendPose.
But this only works on OBJ level.
So I think for kinefx you are limited to the rigpose node and expressions, atm.

Cheers
CYTE
63 posts
It's been years since I worked in Maya, but at its most basic aren't set driven keys in Maya just relative references in Houdini with the addition of some ramp parameters to affect how the driven reacts to the driver?

The Blend Pose tool wraps some of that up into a single (somewhat outdated) interface, but what it sets up can easily be recreated in SOPs with KineFX.

I would normally set up some wrangles that would give me various controls for how the driver affects the driven joint, but here's a very simple example of a controller driving a skeleton blendshape, like what you might do for a master finger curl controller.

Again, my Maya memory is foggy, so sorry if I misinterpreted the question.

Attachments:
driven.hiplc (115.9 KB)

madebygeoff.com
134 posts
Here is how I am doing it at the moment. Im calculating the difference of a position based on its rest position and using the length of that vector to drive a blend transform in a rigvop.

A nice way that you can use this is to create a line between a wrist and shoulder of a character and then by using the length drive a muscle flex for instance.

here is a simple scene file

It doesnt automatically set op the min and max for you but it is pretty simple to get the data from the difference and set up a fit01 in the rig vop that will control that for you.
Edited by willh - 2022年11月21日 04:18:08

Attachments:
set driven key.hiplc (148.2 KB)

• Quick Links