Hotkey mapping

727   2   0
4 posts
Hi,

two questions in one:

- How can I map a symbol such as § to a function, without dragging the shift key into the mapping? Because named symbol requires hitting shift and 3 on my European keyboard, in the mapping it will take both shift AND the correct symbol. After applying this does not work, either way.

- The function I am trying to remap is the Toggle Handle Geometry Detachment, because although it is mapped to ', when pressing it, the Pivot Mode gets activated (which also is being toggled with " as it should) - anyone experiencing the same, and why?

Thank you.
Edited by subvisor - 2023年2月3日 07:07:59

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-02-03 125622.png (374.2 KB)

679 posts
Hey subvisor,

yea it's quirky. There is no way to use shift with numbers as a hotkey I know of. Use alt or no modifier at all for that command.

Cheers
CYTE
4 posts
Thanks CYTE, I just remapped it to something else. Interestingly though, I could remap it to ! correctly, without shift being pulled in.

Maybe an improvement area for the SideFX team - that would definitely free up some important hotkey real estate.
Perhaps creating two or more fields from which the combination can be entered by inputing the single keys.
  • Quick Links