Managing changing point counts and random attributes

1309   3   2
36 posts
Hello,

I've recently been dealing with setting up scattered objects using various techniques, from scatter align, to spray paint tool.
One issue I quickly noticed was that if I was asked to make changes to the scattered objects, like removing some points or adding new ones, this would randomise the attributes on all the rest of the points, any edits I made down the chain will break since point indecies are all changed.
I was just wondering what kind of approaches can be taken when working with points like this. I'm assuming its a common issue and was curious about how different people tackle them.
I guess one approach would be to completely avoid using random functions that are based on the point number. but even so this doesnt cover issues like deleting points up the chain if there is an edit node further down the chain.
398 posts
Using an attribute noise with a very high frequency rather than a randomize might be a solution. For your second question, instead of deleting points up the chain, try to add them to a to_delete group that you only delete down the chain from all your edits.
33 posts
An example demonstrating your problem would be great.
https://behance.net/derya [behance.net]
36 posts
Tanto
Using an attribute noise with a very high frequency rather than a randomize might be a solution. For your second question, instead of deleting points up the chain, try to add them to a to_delete group that you only delete down the chain from all your edits.

Thank you for the suggestions. Great idea to use the group, that would definitely work for point removal!
  • Quick Links