45 posts
I have the following line in my houdini.env:

HSITE = "D:/Dropbox/Houdini_Site"

In that folder I have the following structure:

Houdini_Site
-houdini19.5
--otls
--- (various HDAs in here)

However, when I load up Houdini, none of the HDAs are accessible. The HSITE variable also doesn't appear in the variables panel (Edit->Aliases and Variables...->Variables).

What am I doing wrong?
45 posts
Are people not really using the HSITE variable?

How are other people setting up shared a shared library of HDAs between multiple computers?
25 posts
I use HSITE and a folder structure just as you've described, so I can't give any advice, except that you're on the right track at least. Does Houdini pick up on other variables from your houdini.env?

It doesn't seem like it should make a difference but my folder is in "houdini_site" (lower case).

My HSITE doesn't show up in Aliases and Variables either, I can access the HDAs though and use it in File dialogues.
https://www.noad.co [www.noad.co]
2 posts
localstarlight
I have the following line in my houdini.env:

HSITE = "D:/Dropbox/Houdini_Site"

In that folder I have the following structure:

Houdini_Site
-houdini19.5
--otls
--- (various HDAs in here)

However, when I load up Houdini, none of the HDAs are accessible. The HSITE variable also doesn't appear in the variables panel (Edit->Aliases and Variables...->Variables).

What am I doing wrong?
It seems like the HSITE variable is not being recognized by Houdini. One possible solution is to check if the houdini.env file is being read correctly by Houdini. Make sure that the path to the houdini.env file is correct and that the syntax of the file is correct.

Another possible solution is to check if the HSITE variable is defined correctly. You can try defining the variable in the Houdini shell and see if it gets recognized. To do this, open the Houdini shell and type the following command:

set HSITE="D:/Dropbox/Houdini_Site"

If the variable gets recognized, then the issue might be with the houdini.env file. If not, then the variable might not be defined correctly. In that case, make sure that the path to the Houdini_Site folder is correct and that there are no typos in the variable definition.
  • Quick Links