Solaris USD UV Problem

1537   5   2
22 posts
I'm using 19.5.435

Solaris can't generate "primvars:st:indices" when use sop uv node or import test geometry.
It's very important!
Mesh export from houdini to other software like Maya or Nuke, uv is incorrect,texture is cut.
In nuke,import usd from houdini,the geo diplay correctly in 3D view, but the color is only one pixel of texture when access scanlineRender.
22 posts
I solved.......
129 posts
cuihaifu
I solved.......

can you show us how????
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4NQi8wpYUbR9wLolfHrZVA [www.youtube.com]
8 posts
Yes, how?

It'd be nice if someone solves his own issue share the solution.
40 posts
Hi,

I think I am running into the same issue. I have some geometry created in Houdini. I've used the UV Flatten node to generate UV's on the vertices. I can see the UV's working when switching to UV viewport and I can see the UV date in the Geometry Spreadsheet.

However upon writing out using the "usdexport" node in SOPs I can see in the solaris scenegraph that there are no data for the "primvar:st:indices". Only "primvar:st" have data.

Did anyone have a solution to this issue? Probably something simple I am missing I guess.

Attachments:
Screenshot 2023-12-07 175353.png (140.0 KB)

7801 posts
The primvar indices are only required for indexed primvars. If the length of the array matches faceVertexIndices or faceVertexCounts or the length of the positions array, then indices are not required.
  • Quick Links