What is Volume Visualization node for?

1059   5   2
229 posts
Is the Volume Visualization geometry node just for making adjustments for how a volume is represented in the viewport? It would not affect the render, is that correct?
2 posts
Yes, that's correct. The Volume Visualization geometry node primarily affects how a volume is represented in the viewport for better visualization and editing. It doesn't impact the final render of the scene, which relies on other rendering settings and parameters. This feature is useful for adjusting the appearance and clarity of volumes during the editing process without altering the final output.
229 posts
Thanks for confirming that. Whoever wrote the Houdini manual should be made redundant.
477 posts
litote
Thanks for confirming that. Whoever wrote the Houdini manual should be made redundant.
May I draw your attention to the fact that you're most likely replying to a bot?
This isn't the first one spamming ChatGPT answers on this forum.
7803 posts
litote

The first thing on the help page states that the node changes how volumes are displayed in the viewport.
229 posts
b
jsmack
litote

The first thing on the help page states that the node changes how volumes are displayed in the viewport.

Yes I noticed that, but it doesn't state that is does NOT affect the render, which is important to be explicit about, obviously, hence my forum enquiry. Hope that helps.
  • Quick Links