When scaling very small, mesh "wrinkles"

758   3   1
100 posts
Hey, guys--
that far the vertices get "wrinkly" (see pic), which doesn't make sense to me. It has a fuse early up just to make sure things are, well, fused, but otherwise it's just a scale to fit by match size to get it 2 units high. (I've also tried scaling with transform, which shouldn't--and didn't--make a difference, and also packing it in case treating it as one point helped, which it didn't.) Any idea why this is and how I can get the scaling to behave? Here are pics with it scaled and the same area at full size.

ARGH--addendum: Viewport was apparently screwy. I restarted Houdini and now it's behaving.
Edited by bentway23 - 2023年11月2日 13:16:23

Attachments:
Capture.JPG (134.7 KB)
Capture (1).jpg (90.5 KB)

8 posts
it might related to OpenGL precision. try do a simple render to see if problem remain. if render has no problem. than try adjust viewport camera near/far clip. near not too low,far not too high.
Edited by jiejia - 2023年11月3日 00:51:16
7814 posts
It looks like a displacement shader to me. scaling it down could make the displacement out of scale for the new size if not corrected.
100 posts
Thanks for the replies--should have put my above addendum as a separate comment to make it easier to see. The problem was that the viewport needed to be reset, that's all. I wouldn't expect that to cause this issue but, well, it's working now.
  • Quick Links