Rig Graph Input Names

942   4   2
7 posts
While going through the docs for the APEX graphs, I'm having an issue understanding how rig graphs inputs are defined. From the docs:

So how do you change the character element names referenced by the rig graph inputs? I can't rename them from "geoinput0" from a bone deform node for example.
Edited by cmoss - 2023年11月10日 19:41:47

Attachments:
Packed character.png (59.8 KB)

219 posts
This is basically the name of the packed folder element you normally created when using pack folder, Base.shp is the packed primitive containing the character geometry shape, Base.skel is the packed skeleton.

you're free to name the folder the way you want , it don't have to be "Base".

when building your apex graph, after connecting a node to the __parms__ node, you can rename the input by pressing middle mouse button on the pin which will allow you to rename it, you don't have to rename every pin, only the input in the __parms_ and the output in the __output__ node.
Head of Pipeline @ LightVFX
7 posts
Got it. Didn't think to middle click the name. :/
356 posts
Jacquesf
This is basically the name of the packed folder element you normally created when using pack folder, Base.shp is the packed primitive containing the character geometry shape, Base.skel is the packed skeleton.

you're free to name the folder the way you want , it don't have to be "Base".

when building your apex graph, after connecting a node to the __parms__ node, you can rename the input by pressing middle mouse button on the pin which will allow you to rename it, you don't have to rename every pin, only the input in the __parms_ and the output in the __output__ node.
Do you have to manually rename the input on the parms node? is there a way for it to say automatically pick up on dictionary keys? even using python cause I didn't see a way to get access to apex nodes inputs and outputs names.
hou.f*ckatdskmaya().forever()
7726 posts
traileverse
Do you have to manually rename the input on the parms node? is there a way for it to say automatically pick up on dictionary keys? even using python cause I didn't see a way to get access to apex nodes inputs and outputs names.

How would you know how to map which names in the dictionary keys to the names on the parms node?
  • Quick Links