KineFX or APEX seems to lack an elegant solution to add Pose-Space-Deform

1110   4   1
2 posts
Hi everyone!

Is there a node that just makes a pose, then find the abnormal deformation, enter the sculpting mode to adjust, then automatically record the deformation, and set the relevant drivers according to the current pose. Then make another different pose to continue correcting the shape.Use a list to manage different morph keys. Supports linking these morphing keys to professional engraving software for precise adjustments.

Old PSD systems don't work well with KineFX.The current method would make the diagram very complex and unmanageable, and would require a lot of time to set up the driving logic. Currently I need to jump back and forth between Houdini and ZBrush, which takes a lot of unnecessary time.
Edited by mad_mud_mat - 2023年11月27日 10:35:22
(●'◡'●)
40 posts
Yeah I agree. If we have the SHAPES plugin from Maya in Houdini, that'd be super cool.
50 posts
I'd love this as well. Not only that, but getting the blendshapes to fire within APEX looks so complex it's not even worth trying. A shot sculpt tool would be amazing as well, as I'd imagine you could just drop it in after the animate node to have a completely non-destructive workflow.

Houdini's environment seems set up to make this approach as simple as possible, it's just not implemented yet.
25 posts
benttoenail
getting the blendshapes to fire within APEX looks so complex it's not even worth trying.

This isn't about PSD which I don't know much about, but we can still use the old KineFX workflow for blendshapes in APEX which I think is a bit easier, at least it's what I'm used to - I know the APEX examples on the content browser use a different workflow but that's just another option I guess.

APEX has sop::kinefx::characterblendshapescore to apply blendshapes attached to your geo the old KineFX way, you just need to change the detail attributes on your skeleton to control their strength, those could be rigged with Arbitrary Controls.
https://www.noad.co [www.noad.co]
2 posts
丹菲兹82
benttoenail
getting the blendshapes to fire within APEX looks so complex it's not even worth trying.

This isn't about PSD which I don't know much about, but we can still use the old KineFX workflow for blendshapes in APEX which I think is a bit easier, at least it's what I'm used to - I know the APEX examples on the content browser use a different workflow but that's just another option I guess.

APEX has sop::kinefx::characterblendshapescore to apply blendshapes attached to your geo the old KineFX way, you just need to change the detail attributes on your skeleton to control their strength, those could be rigged with Arbitrary Controls.
Thank you, I overlooked this before, maybe I just need to associate different poses with blendshapes
(●'◡'●)
  • Quick Links