OCIO warnings using the default H20 config

4202   11   0
184 posts
I am getting these warnings in Houdini 20.0.537 - running Redshift 3.5.21, on Windows 10, using the native Houdini OCIO config.
I can see these entries listed in the config under 'inactive_colorspaces'. Am I the only one getting these warnings?

: Inactive 'Rec.1886 Rec.2020 - Display' is neither a color space nor a named transform.
: Inactive 'Rec.1886 Rec.2020 - Display' is neither a color space nor a named transform.
: Inactive 'Rec.2100-HLG - Display' is neither a color space nor a named transform.
: Inactive 'P3-D60 - Display' is neither a color space nor a named transform.
: Inactive 'P3-DCI - Display' is neither a color space nor a named transform.
: Inactive 'P3-DCI - Display' is neither a color space nor a named transform.
Edited by Mike_A - 2023年11月27日 16:08:15
7805 posts
Looks like the diplays were pruned from the config without updating the inactive displays list. The inactive displays flags what to exclude from the display ui. Listing displays that don't exist has no effect.
184 posts
Thanks. Maybe I can just edit that inactive displays list without breaking anything?

EDIT: I've just removed those entries from the inactive displays list and all seems to be well - based on a quick test render.
Edited by Mike_A - 2023年11月27日 17:59:27
7805 posts
Mike_A
Thanks. Maybe I can just edit that inactive displays list without breaking anything?

EDIT: I've just removed those entries from the inactive displays list and all seems to be well - based on a quick test render.

yes, OCIO configs are meant to be user editable
3 posts
Please can you tell me in which menu they can be deactivated?
7805 posts
SPK

the config is just a text file. you can open it in an editor and delete the invalid items from the list.
2 posts
Hey man. Where can i find this native occio config file ? i have the same issues.
3 posts
jsmack
SPK

the config is just a text file. you can open it in an editor and delete the invalid items from the list.
In which folder is the config text file located?
7805 posts
SPK
jsmack
SPK

If you open the ocio config editor in Houdini and save the config, an editable copy will be saved in the user prefs folder by default, or can be saved manually anywhere of your choosing.
7805 posts
andrei_bursuc
jsmack
SPK
jsmack
SPK

If you open the ocio config editor in Houdini and save the config, an editable copy will be saved in the user prefs folder by default, or can be saved manually anywhere of your choosing.

There answer is it doesn't exist. You have to edit it first.
Edited by chrism - 2024年5月1日 13:13:18
18 posts
For those struggling as I was, and needing more specific directions: The file is located in two places:

C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 20.0.547\packages\ocio\houdini-config-v1.0.0_aces-v1.3_ocio-v2.1.ocio
C:\Users\<user>\Documents\houdini20.0\ocio\houdini-config-v1.0.0_aces-v1.3_ocio-v2.1.ocio

Open it up, and look down to Line 42, which should start with "inactive_colorspaces"; remove all the entries inside the bracket so that it reads:
inactive_colorspaces: []

NOTE: You have to adjust this in both directories (it didn't work for me if I only replaced it in the Documents folder); if you don't have the file in your Documents\houdini20.0 folder, you can just copy it from the C:\Program Files location & paste it inside a manually-made OCIO folder inside documents.

I also made sure that my ocio.json file in my Documents\houdini20.0\packages folder was set to the following (one of our team didn't have an OCIO package file, so made it manually:
{
"enable" : true,
"show" : true,
"load_package_once" : true,
"env": [
{"OCIO" : "${OCIO-$HFS/packages/ocio/houdini-config-v1.0.0_aces-v1.3_ocio-v2.1.ocio}"}
]
}
Edited by LukeLetellier - 2024年2月20日 11:21:58
8 posts
LukeLetellier
For those struggling as I was, and needing more specific directions: The file is located in two places:

C:\Program Files\Side Effects Software\Houdini 20.0.547\packages\ocio\houdini-config-v1.0.0_aces-v1.3_ocio-v2.1.ocio
C:\Users\<user>\Documents\houdini20.0\ocio\houdini-config-v1.0.0_aces-v1.3_ocio-v2.1.ocio

Open it up, and look down to Line 42, which should start with "inactive_colorspaces"; remove all the entries inside the bracket so that it reads:
inactive_colorspaces: []

NOTE: You have to adjust this in both directories (it didn't work for me if I only replaced it in the Documents folder); if you don't have the file in your Documents\houdini20.0 folder, you can just copy it from the C:\Program Files location & paste it inside a manually-made OCIO folder inside documents.

I also made sure that my ocio.json file in my Documents\houdini20.0\packages folder was set to the following (one of our team didn't have an OCIO package file, so made it manually:
{
"enable" : true,
"show" : true,
"load_package_once" : true,
"env": [
{"OCIO" : "${OCIO-$HFS/packages/ocio/houdini-config-v1.0.0_aces-v1.3_ocio-v2.1.ocio}"}
]
}

Thank you LukeLetellier! that has been bugging me for weeks
  • Quick Links