Add guidegroom hotkeys

501   4   2
76 posts
Is there a way to add hotkeys to the tools (sculpt,plant,cut,etc) of guidegroom sop? I know for sure a few versions back it was possible, but they've removed it and apparently the hotkey editor is no longer the way. Radial menus are too slow and imprecise for my style of working.
193 posts
I had the same request but then i realized the grooming circle menu is easier to memorize and it also doesn't interfere with other key binds.

That said being able to bind these on the mouse would also be gr8.
76 posts
I would happily trade the slightly bigger upfront cost of learning a few hotkeys for a permanent big speed increase. Switching brushes with the radial menu takes at least double the time compared to using hotkeys. When working on a complex groom, these small differences add up as well as making the process more tedious and tiresome.

Unfortunately I don't have the know-how and resources of studios to create my own tools or go deep into customization with Python, which makes removal of features that were present in past versions even more dire for individual artists like myself.
160 posts
You can add shortcuts to radial items, then you end up with something like zbrush where you have chords you type to select specific brushes/tools.

Looks like it should be easy enough to create a new radial only containing brushes too if you wish for that - should just need to copy the code from the radial items to your own radialmenu items.
Edited by AslakKS - 2024年1月24日 12:46:56

Attachments:
groom-radial-shortcuts.png (629.0 KB)

76 posts
@AslakKS I actually use hotkeys for brushes instead of a letter sequence in Zbrush as well, unsurprisingly. I guess, your proposed method would work better than the default way for now. Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Quick Links