Stage Inside Material Library Create Shader Very Slow

806   5   2
2 posts
If there are already multiple material nodes, creating new material nodes will be very slow. There should be a bug in the running python script

Attachments:
MaterialLibrary.png (536.2 KB)

20 posts
bump! have exactly the same issue! is there any workaround on this?
2 posts
Is there any chance to improve this? or some approach to bypass this limitation?
7801 posts
nuclear_polygon
bump! have exactly the same issue! is there any workaround on this?

the workaround is to use more than one library. the library converts all of the nodes to usd every time any one of them is edited, which will cause performance to gradually get worse with each node.
2 posts
jsmack
the workaround is to use more than one library. the library converts all of the nodes to usd every time any one of them is edited, which will cause performance to gradually get worse with each node.
There’s not even a conversation about a lot of materials in Material Library. I have lags with one complex material in the library. I can't simplify this shader in any way.
7801 posts
A_T
jsmack
There’s not even a conversation about a lot of materials in Material Library. I have lags with one complex material in the library. I can't simplify this shader in any way.

performance drops with each node, not much you can do about that if it's all part of the same shader. One thing I did is to compile at complex network down to a mtlx nodedef and accompanying karma nodedef. It's a pain and not worth doing except when implementing a new node that will see multiple uses.
  • Quick Links