H20 Viewport refresh bug..

729   7   4
253 posts
This is getting a bit out of hand.. atm I have to reset the viewport every time in dive in/emerge from a node.

The lab's 'reset viewport' helps but no. Is there any info on this, a way to avoid it, workaround or something?
More code, less clicks.
331 posts
It's been behaving pretty well for me lately, so not sure why it's getting worse for you. Some things to try:
- Update graphics drivers
- Set a shortcut for Reset Viewport
- Try Vulkan
- Post a scene for us to test
7721 posts
It's also very likely to be workflow specific. It might be specific desktop setups that trigger it for example.
146 posts
I'm finding this too, in H20; had put it down to having two viewport panes open so I can have camera view in one, ad-hoc perspective "working" view in another.

Work in one node for a bit, jump out and find half my scene objects stop animating correctly in the viewport* unless I hop into their node and touch something.

Spending a lot of time closing the Scene View pane and opening a new one. Even opening older projects from a few years back, this viewport thing is more frequent.

Linux (Ubuntu ... uhh... 22 I think), latest nVid drivers.

Didn't know about the Labs 'reset viewport' thing tho, will have a look - thanks Jonathan

* one or other of the viewports - one will carry on behaving and the other one will have half the obj's frozen
Edited by howiem - 2024年3月22日 06:23:41
208 posts
I feel this issue has been there since forever but getting worse each version.
7721 posts
howiem
Work in one node for a bit, jump out and find half my scene objects stop animating correctly in the viewport* unless I hop into their node and touch something.

If there are some steps to reproduce, please log a bug. Note that there also also just a new production build so also try that one out.
10 posts
Linux (Mint) user here with latest nVidia drivers and latest production build of H20.0.688 but I can reproduce the very same issue on a totally different machine with Win11 and latest nVidia drivers:

Every time I double-click an RBD Bullet Solver to enter the realm of DOP forces and start adding e.g. a POP force and toggle the brown output flag the viewport switches to "Smooth Wire Shaded" mode.

If I now go back to Geometry level and e.g. try to switch the RBD Bullet Solver to display the Proxy Geometry or Constraints (with the rather new and awesome 1,2,3 key shortcuts) the viewport doesn't update and keeps displaying the same geometry.
I can navigate without problems but the geometry that was visible back in DOP forces mode is somehow stuck in the graphics card's memory so to say. I can even disable the blue display flag at Objects level but the geometry stays visible.

Labs "Reset Viewport" or restarting Houdini helps, but it is quite annoying.
Edited by Steffen Dünner - 昨日 06:24:36
7721 posts
Haven't tried but again, if you have steps, log it or else developers won't see it.
  • Quick Links