Reverse Zoom in viewport

2056   5   0
3 posts
Hello. I am new in Houdini, but really want to learn and master this Software.

The problem is simple: I am also using Maya and always I had been Zooming camera by RMB+ moving cursor from up to down, but in Houdini Zoom is reversed (Or in Maya, irrelevant). Is it possible to change Zoom settings in Houdini?

Sorry for asking questions like these, but that is really uncomfortable to always adapt to Zooming in different software.
(I have already carefully checked all Preferences, but did not find this one).

Thx for possible response.
1755 posts
Use Right/Left instead of Up/Down - I remember it works the same. Besides, I think it's more natural for the hand.
For your sake, I hope you find only zooming uncomfortable to adapt to in different software.
3 posts
Ok. Thx.
1 posts
anon_user_89151269
Use Right/Left instead of Up/Down - I remember it works the same. Besides, I think it's more natural for the hand.
For your sake, I hope you find only zooming uncomfortable to adapt to in different software.

Typical non-answer here. Seems that currently Houdini does not have the option to inverse the dolly direction, which I can confirm make things unpleasant when coming from other DCCs.
7863 posts
douglaslassance
Typical non-answer here. Seems that currently Houdini does not have the option to inverse the dolly direction, which I can confirm make things unpleasant when coming from other DCCs.

What other answer could there be? There can't be every possible permutation of control expressed in preferences. Some things you just have to adapt.
1 posts
jsmack
douglaslassance

What other answer could there be? There can't be every possible permutation of control expressed in preferences. Some things you just have to adapt.

reverse zoom is one of the most common ones, though, every other cg app I use supports both mappings.
  • Quick Links