In Karma, How do i get an ambient occlusion render pass?

4067   6   1
40 posts
Is it possible? I can't find anywhere. I don't need AO for Shader. I need it for global scene.
7863 posts
On the Karma Render Settings node, enable "Simplified Shading" to switch to a global ambient occlusion mode. Note that Display color still tints the scene, so you might need to block the attribute on the geometry to get a gray render if the attribute is present.

Edit:
It doesn't seem to enable AO for XPU though, instead it renders a simple version of the scene without shaders and headlight only.
Edited by jsmack - 2022年10月29日 17:36:16
40 posts
jsmack
On the Karma Render Settings node, enable "Simplified Shading" to switch to a global ambient occlusion mode. Note that Display color still tints the scene, so you might need to block the attribute on the geometry to get a gray render if the attribute is present.

Edit:
It doesn't seem to enable AO for XPU though, instead it renders a simple version of the scene without shaders and headlight only.
Thank you. Yeah, it looks like it might work, but Karma defenetely needs more better way of AO
7863 posts
Better than checking a box?
40 posts
jsmack
Yes. It is a super global and I need more control. For example, I need AO only between objects and a ground and not AO of self produced ground.
7863 posts
beka
jsmack
Yes. It is a super global and I need more control. For example, I need AO only between objects and a ground and not AO of self produced ground.

That sounds like you need to write a custom shader.
2 posts
jsmack
beka
jsmack

That sounds like you need to write a custom shader.
This sound you should avoid write answer here.
Edited by papahh - 2024年5月23日 09:43:44
  • Quick Links