Problem with resample by edge

9424   6   3
11 posts
Hi,

is there a way to only preserve specific edges while resampling with the “Resample by polygon edge” activated? I have some grid with x cols and the x points between two of the edges are translated by a point-sop. Later I want to use this geometry to make a fence surrounding it, but I want the different parts of the fence to have the same, fixed length. I tried to resample the geometry without preserving the edges, but that destroys the two 90 degrees edges. When “Resample by polygon edge” is activated, all points of the geometry are preseved, and that's what I neither want. Only the four points 0, 18, 19, 37 should be preserved. Hope someone has an idead.

thanks

Attachments:
sample_geo.jpg (25.6 KB)

519 posts
Why not delete the points you don't need and then use an ADD sop to draw a new polygon? It's not really procedural but it works…
11 posts
Because the number of points and the actual form of the geometry are variable and can be controlled by some asset parameters.
4140 posts
Just off the top of my head, I'd probably approach this by dealing with the two resampled edges as separate, unconnected curves, do whatever I'm doing to them, then connect them as one.

Cheers,

J.C.
John Coldrick
321 posts
JColdrick
Just off the top of my head, I'd probably approach this by dealing with the two resampled edges as separate, unconnected curves, do whatever I'm doing to them, then connect them as one.

Cheers,

J.C.
Yes, make the corner points unique (with the facet SOP), then do the resample, then do a join SOP (not 100% sure if that will work), or an add SOP where you first delete all geometry and then just make a poly that's points 0-999999.

– Antoine
Antoine Durr
Floq FX
antoine@floqfx.com
Treat each edge as a separate segment.

Check out my fence builder blog:
http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=688&Itemid=216 [sidefx.com]
There's at least one school like the old school!
11 posts
Thanks for all your help. Nice blog, but not actually what I'm looking for. The hint with unconnecting the curves between the egdes was good, that kinda worked for me.
  • Quick Links